Friday, August 2, 2013

Man Absconds After Wife Delivers Triplets

A 30-year-old mother of triplets, Bose Akapo, has cried out for help in search of her husband, Biodun Akapo, 45, who reportedly absconded  shortly after his wife delivered of triplets.

Vanguard gathered that the father of the triplets, who  is a  farmer at  Afojupa village, a suburb of Owode-Egba town  in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area  of Ogun State, bolted when  he received the news of the birth of the triplets.

It was further gathered that the wife and the runaway husband are  indigenes  of Ibadan and have been living together as a happy family in the village for over a decade, before the arrival of the triplets.

Narrating her ordeal, Bose, who  delivered  the babies last Wednesday at a  maternity home in the town, explained  that  she was bailed out at the hospital by  a  traditional ruler of the town, Oba Kolawole Sowemimo, who paid the hospital bill.

She further said her husband  had gone out before  she started having pains and was assisted to the hospital on a motorcycle by a neighbour.

According to her, “I never thought of three babies until when I put to bed because  I already had two children who are ages five and eight. I was taken to hospital on a motorcycle by a neighbour when I started noticing signs of delivery, because my husband was not at home at that time. But, surprisingly, I gave birth to triplets and when the news got to my husband he  did not visit me throughout my admission in the hospital, and has since remained incommunicado. I don’t even know his whereabouts  till now, but I  am begging him to come home for the sake of these innocent babies.

“When I got to the hospital, because I could not find my husband, I contacted our traditional ruler who rendered financial assistance and provided clothings and other medical materials for the babies.”

Vanguard gathered that the woman and the triplets are all in stable condition and have been discharged from the hospital.
Speaking on the development, the royal father of the town, Oba Kolawole Sowemimo, expressed optimism that the state government would attend to the needs of the family, describing the Ibikunle Amosun-led  administration  as a government  known for  the welfare of the citizens and residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment